Union-Made Thanksgiving Shopping List
By Jackie Tortora
As you prepare to head to the grocery store to pick up your Thanksgiving dinner ingredients, double check your shopping list to make sure your Turkey Day fixin's are all union made in America. Check out some highlights from the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor's resource site, Labor 411. Here are some of the best union-made Thanksgiving eats and tools from the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM), Machinists (IAM), United Steelworkers (USW) and United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW).
- Del Monte Blue Diamond Almonds — BCTGM
- Kraft/Nabisco crackers — BCTGM
- Boar's Head — UFCW
- Butterball — UFCW
- Foster Poultry Farms — UFCW
- Cutco knife — USW
- All-Clad cookware — USW
- Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce — IAM
- Birds Eye vegetables — UFCW
- Betty Crocker Specialty Potatoes — BCTGM
- Pillsbury crescent rolls, frozen and bake rolls/breads — BCTGM
- Pillsbury pie crusts — BCTGM
- Stroehmann bakery products (for stuffing) — BCTGM
- Sara Lee pumpkin, apple pie — BCTGM
- Mother’s Kitchen pies and cakes — BCTGM
- Nabisco cookies — BCTGM
- Kellogg's Corn Flakes (to top those sweet potato casseroles) — BCTGM
- Quaker Oats (for apple crisp) — BCTGM
Search for more union-made food at Labor 411.
Jackie Tortora is Blog/Social Media Manager for the AFL-CIO, the umbrella federation for 56 U.S. labor unions, representing more than 12 million working Americans. This article was originally published at Labor's Edge.